I thought I’d stay out of the the whole “Poetry Slam” non-controversy stirred up by one Mark Edmunson in Harper’s. My thinking when everyone got up in arms was, “Don’t you recognize a goad when you see one?” But then I read “An Open Letter to Mark Edmunson”, and I thought to myself that if there is one good thing to come out of silly, silly ignorance, it’s that we are afforded a moment to clarify our own positions and learn not to take them for granted. I highly recommend reading this post.
Search Posts By Category
- 4 Little Freelancing Tips April 7, 2016
- How Do I Become a Freelancer? A Grossly Incomplete Overview February 8, 2016
- Wild Grass on the Riverbank, by Hiromi Itō February 3, 2015
- It’s Been That Long, Huh? January 28, 2015
- What I’m Reading – June 2014 Edition June 28, 2014
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.